Helpful articles, websites and books
This is a curated list of articles, videos, podcasts and other material from a variety of publications and websites. We will continue to expand it as we find material relevant to KU instructors.
Accessible Course Design
- Comparing synchronous and asynchronous online discussions for students with disabilities: The impact of social presence. Ibrahim Dahlstrom-Hakki, Zachary Alstad and Manju Banerjee. Computers & Education 150 (June 2020).
Course design and format
- Hybrid-Flexible Course Design, edited by Brian J. Beatty. EdTech Books. Retrieved from https://edtechbooks.org/hyflex/
Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Students of Color and Resistance in the Classroom, excerpt of chapter 2 from Teaching About Race and Racism in the College Classroom: Notes From a White Professor, by Cyndi Kernahan and Kevin Gannon
Student and faculty care
- Building a Pedagogy of Care With Social and Emotional Presence: Resource and Discussion Guide, by Sarah Rose Cavanagh and Joshua Eyler. This guide accompanies a video on the same topic.
Teaching and learning
- Balancing Feasibility and Quality While Teaching in Uncertain Times, by MIchelle D. Miller
Universal design for learning
- Why Universal Design for Learning Is Essential to Higher Education's 'New Normal,' excerpt from Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education, By Thomas J. Tobin