Help with KU tools
This page provides links to KU-supported tools for teaching and learning, along with how-to resources for creating, organizing and managing your course. It also provides links to material for approaching online learning in various disciplines.
- How-to website: Content Accessibility
KU's learning management system. Preferred choice for providing resources online and sending announcements to students in a course.
- Login page: courseware.ku.edu
- How-to website: blackboard.ku.edu
- Videos (see First Steps for more information):
- Accessing Blackboard and finding course (desktop and mobile)
- Making your Blackboard course available
- Creating a menu link in Blackboard
- Creating a content item in Blackboard
- Adding a Kaltura media item
- Creating an assignment area
- Blackboard Grade Center basics
- Creating a Blackboard Discussion Board
- Posting an Announcement and using Blackboard's Send Email tool
A tool that uses artificial intelligence for grading. Faculty can gain access by creating an account with their KU email address or by adding Gradescope to Blackboard.
- FAQs on using Gradescope for online teaching.
- Contact Lisa Sharpe Elles, Faculty Consutlant who is supporting Gradescope use, to ask questions or get support: email@example.com.
Video streaming and hosting software that includes an express capture option for quickly recording yourself from a web browser. Can be accessed by faculty, students and staff.
- Login page: mediahub.ku.edu
- How-to website: mps.ku.edu/kaltura
- Adding media to Blackboard.
- Using Video with Your Remote Course (webinar): Webinar Recording
Asynchronous tool for sharing presentations and allowing students to comment with video, audio or text.
- Login page: voicethread.ku.edu
- How-to website: https://ku.voicethread.com/howto
- Login page: kansas.zoom.us
- How-to resources:
- Using Zoom at KU (Instructors)
- Using Zoom at KU (Students)
- Record Meetings With Zoom at KU
- Zoom Help Center
- Zoom COVID-19 related guides and tutorials: zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html